POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : reflective caustics with radiosity : Re: reflective caustics with radiosity Server Time
14 Aug 2024 01:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reflective caustics with radiosity
From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 29 Dec 2002 21:48:25
Message: <3e0fb3f9$1@news.povray.org>
This is where I disagree with POV-Ray's radiosity implementation.
Radiosity is for simulating diffuse interreflection. Simulating specular
interactions during the process of shooting radiosity rays is a waste and is
better done using POV-Ray's excellent photon mapping. Fortunately this was
easy to fix. I did it in my own personal patch, and it has resulted in some
nice speedups when doing two-pass renders (in scenes that contain
reflections etc). :)

George